NAD+, also known as nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, is a form of vitamin B3. It has a main function of transferring energy from one cell to another. It also plays a role in ensuring proper cellular functioning, protection of DNA during the aging process, maintaining a healthy metabolism, and to maintaining circadian rhythms.
NAD+ is produced naturally by the body but the bad news is that NAD+ production decreases significantly as we age.
Why does NAD+ decrease as we age?
NAD+ levels decrease during biosynthesis, meaning the older we get, the less NAD+ is produced by the body, possibly due to oxidative stress and chronic inflammation. Another reason is thought to be increased NAD+ consumption by NAD+ dependent enzymes, coupled with a decreased total pool of available NAD+, therefore leading to decreased NAD+ levels.
What is better as a health supplement, NMN or NAD+ and why?
Both NMN and NAD+ have been researched for their potential health benefits, especially in the context of ageing and age associated diseases. They are related molecules, with NMN being a precursor (chemical which precedes and is the source of another) to NAD.
What NMN studies have shown
Studies have found that NMN supplements assist with increasing blood NAD+ levels in different populations, resulting in the following benefits:
- Mitochondrial health: NMN might support mitochondrial function. Mitochondria, often referred to as the "powerhouses" of cells, play a vital role in energy production. Maintaining their health and function can have broad implications for overall health and vitality.
- Protection against age-related diseases: Some animal studies suggest that NMN supplementation might assist with various age-related conditions like cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, and metabolic disorders such as type 2 diabetes.
- Improvement in energy metabolism: NMN has been shown in some studies to improve energy metabolism, potentially leading to enhanced physical performance and stamina.
- Support for brain health: NMN might offer neuroprotective (protection of nerve cells against damage) benefits. Some animal studies suggest that NMN can support cognitive function and might be beneficial in the context of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's.
- DNA repair: NAD+ plays a role in the repair of DNA. By boosting NAD+ levels, NMN might support the body's ability to repair DNA damage, which is associated with ageing.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Some studies suggest that NMN can modulate inflammation, which is a fundamental mechanism underlying many chronic diseases.
Why choose Phytopure™ NMN + Fisetin Advanced?
Phytopure™ NMN + Fisetin Advanced contains patented UTHEVER® NMN which is the only NMN proven in a published clinical trial to effectively increase NAD+ levels in humans.
NMN exists in two different stereoisomers: α-type and β-type. Research has found that only the β-type NMN has biological activity. UTHEVER® NMN contains only β-type NMN. Stereoisomers are compounds which have the same structural formula but their atoms are arranged differently in space.
UTHEVER® uses NR (nicotinamide riboside) as the raw material which is FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and GRAS (generally recognized as safe) approved, with multiple detection methods to ensure product quality and safety from the sources.
In the process of enzymatic production of UTHEVER®, the biological enzyme used is self-developed and designed to have a high conversion rate and high selectivity. This ensures the quality and safety of the product and reduction of pollutants.
Concentration of NMN
According to research, the best NMN supplements contain 98% pure NMN or higher. Concentration is key in providing the most active benefits. Some supplements have proper doses but incorrect concentrations. Phytopure™ NMN contains β type, 99% UTHEVER® NMN at 500mg per capsule which is an effective therapeutic dose.
Phytopure™ NMN (with Fisetin) Advanced contains 50mg of Fisetin per capsule providing complementary benefits to NMN for the indication of healthy ageing.
Information by PhytoceuticsTM