Humans have used cannabis (Cannabis sativa L.) as far back as at least the third millennium BC and since time immemorial it has been valued as fibre and rope, for its use as food and medicine, and its psychoactive properties for religious and recreational purposes. Its psychoactive properties gave rise to sweeping global restrictions on its use in the middle of the 20th century. However, times are changing.
Over recent years and with the advent of modern technology, it has become possible to isolate the beneficial components of cannabis from its psychoactive components, leaving us with an increasingly popular alternative medicine substance, known as cannabidiol or CBD.
Cannabidiol is now a popular natural remedy that is used to provide relief for many common ailments. With developments in scientific research, improved extraction and production methods as well as shifts in regulation, CBD supplements are now readily available in most parts of the world.
Did you know?
Hemp and marijuana are both derived from cannabis. Hemp is a term used to classify varieties of cannabis that contain 0,3 % or less tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) (by dry weight). THC is responsible for the psychoactive effects of cannabis. Hemp, therefore, generally refers to non-intoxicating cannabis that is harvested for its industrial use to produce, amongst others, food, medicine, rope, clothing, paper, housing material, and more.
Marijuana, on the other hand, denotes varieties of cannabis that contain more than 0,3 % THC and that have the potential to induce psychotropic or euphoric effects.
The big benefactor
Cannabis sativa (cannabis) is made up of more than 80 constituents, known as cannabinoids. CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, while THC is the major psychoactive compound.
Humans have cannabinoid receptors in their nervous systems. Apart from these receptors, there is also a highly specialised system known as the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is involved in the regulation of a variety of functions, including sleep, appetite, pain, and immune system response. While CBD does not activate type 1 and type 2 cannabinoid receptors (which may explain why it does not induce a so-called “high”), it has been shown to interact with several endocannabinoid and non-endocannabinoid signalling systems. This may contribute to its ability to protect nerve cells from degeneration. CBD is also known to enhance the activity of serotonin receptors (5-HT1A) that plays an important role in the maintenance of a healthy mood balance.
Apart from its effects on the nervous system, CBD has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour effects. Research exploring the beneficial effects of CBD and its mechanisms of action is ongoing.
In summary, CBD has been shown to:
- Interact with the endocannabinoid system that is involved in the regulation of sleep, appetite, pain and immune response, amongst others.
- Enhance the activity of serotonin receptors that are important for the maintenance of a healthy mood balance.
- Protect nerve cells from degeneration.
- Have anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour effects, with ongoing research to explore this further.
Nonstop Uniquely Different
Bio-Canna is produced using proprietary and breakthrough technology that ensures enhanced absorption. Clinical trials have shown that, after 1 hour, Bio-Canna is 740 % more bioavailable than some of its competitors and that up to 60 % of users did not absorb any CBD from standard formulations. This means LESS IS MORE! With Bio-Canna, lower doses are required, because drop for drop, more CBD gets absorbed than with standard preparations.
Worthy of your trust
Bio-Canna is the result of over a decade of research and development. It is produced and rigorously tested in a world-class cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) facility in the USA. Before it is released for sale, it is further independently tested by a third party at an accredited laboratory to ensure a product of the highest global standard.
Bio-Canna is tested for and free from:
- Heavy metals
- Synthetic cannabinoids
- Genetically modified organisms
The standard to aspire to:
- Produced from organic Cannabis sativa (only the finest raw materials are used) in a world-class, certified manufacturing facility
- Proprietary formulation with increased bioavailability providing 740 % more CBD than some other formulations!
- Up to 60 % of users may not absorb standard CBD preparations
- Lower doses are required contributing to its overall cost efficiency
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Eco-friendly packaging is fully recyclable
- GMP (Good manufacturing practice) compliant
We want to provide you with the very best from nature and science – a CBD supplement that you can trust and that will deliver the results that you expect and deserve each time you use it.
CBD is regarded as safe and well-tolerated when used in the recommended dosage. Possible side effects most frequently involve the gut and include dry mouth, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of appetite, weight loss, sleepiness or drowsiness, and fatigue.
Warnings and Precautions:
- There is no safety data for pregnancy and breastfeeding – do not use.
- Patients with Parkinson’s Disease should take Bio-Canna only under the supervision of their treating doctor and should refrain from taking high doses.
- Those taking any other medicines, including prescription medicines, over-the-counter, and other complementary medicines, should ask their doctor, pharmacist, or healthcare provider about possible drug interactions.
Article provided by: Coyne Healthcare (References are available on request).
CBD products are available from our online shop, vitagene.co.za, or you can collect directly from our warehouse.