Are you athletic and active with a desire to fuel your body with the right nutrients?
Protein is an important building block to support muscle growth and maintenance. The high-quality Powerbar protein bars are high in fibre and protein, and low in sugars. They’re also ideal for vegetarians.
In addition to enjoying the bars just as they are, Powerbar has shared some great recovery and muscle building recipes, using their protein bars.
Two Simple Protein Smoothies to Try
For a healthy protein smoothie that you can enjoy post-workout, we have two simple recipes for you that you can adapt to your personal taste:
The Green Health Kick
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon of linseed oil
- 2 scoops protein powder, e.g. PowerBar DELUXE Protein Banana
- 150g spinach
- 50g rocket
- 125g frozen berries
- 150ml soya drink
The Fruity Power Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 150g frozen berries
- 4 tablespoons of oats
- 2 scoops protein powder, e.g. PowerBar DELUXE Protein Chocolate
- 150g Fat free Cream Cheese
- 200ml almond drink
- 1 glass low-fat milk
With both recipes, simply pack all the ingredients into the blender for 30-60 seconds, until everything is well mixed. Bon appétit!
Fruity Frozen Yoghurt
These little fruit explosions are tasty at all times, not just on hot days.
You will need:
- 150g of your favourite frozen fruit (e.g. raspberries, mango, bananas, blueberries, strawberries)
- 175g natural yoghurt (Low Fat)
- 4 scoops protein powder, e.g. PowerBar DELUXE Protein Chocolate
- Some vanilla pulp or essence
- Some sweetener of your liking (such as agave syrup or honey)
First, mix the protein powder with the yoghurt and then add all the ingredients to the mixer and blend until it has turned into a creamy substance. Done!
Tasty Energy Balls
These small energy balls are absolutely bursting with protein, easy to portion, and taste just like a snack or dessert. You can have them before or after your workout, at work, or on the road. Come up with countless of your own versions and vary the flavours according to your taste and mood. This snack offers a delicious and filling energy boost! There’s only limited preparation time needed; below you’ll find the basic recipe for oatmeal energy balls that only take 10 minutes to make.
You will need:
- 150g oats
- 30g (whey) protein powder, for instance, the PowerBar DELUXE Protein Vanilla OR Chocolate
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 90g natural peanut butter without sugar or other additives (not too solid)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30g dried cranberries, chocolate chips, raisins (or other add-ins to taste)
- 3 tablespoons liquid of your choice (e.g. milk, water, unsweetened almond milk, etc.)
Pour the oats into a large bowl and add the protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds. Then mix the ingredients with the peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Finish off by stirring in the extra ingredient of your choice, after which the mix should be sticky, yet crumbly. Add the liquid per teaspoon and knead each spoonful through the dough with your hands, until you can form little balls that hold their shape. If the mixture is too dry, just add a bit more liquid to it. After setting in the fridge for 30 minutes, the energy balls should be ready. It is best to refrigerate them until you want to eat them.