The BalanceTest is the foundation of Zinzino's Balance concept. It provides you with accurate readings of 11 fatty acid levels in your blood and your essential omega 6:3 ratio with six different health markers. The analysis is independently managed, and the results are completely anonymous, telling you upfront if the body’s omega nutrients are in balance. The test includes personalized recommendations and guidelines on how to restore the essential omega 6:3 balance in your body and move forward on your health journey.
The test measures 11 fatty acids, including saturated, monounsaturated (omega 9) and polyunsaturated (omega 6 and omega 3) fatty acids. Individual fatty acid values are shown in the table and expressed as percentages of the total fatty acids measured. For comparison in the table, the average range for each fatty acid (based on data obtained from a large group of balanced people) is presented as target value. The following fatty acids are measured:
- Palmitic acid, C16:0, saturated fat
- Stearic acid, C18:0, saturated fat
- Oleic acid, C18:1, omega 9
- Linoleic acid, C18:2, omega 6
- Alpha-linolenic acid, C18:3, omega 3
- Gamma-linolenic acid, C18:3, omega 6
- Dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid, C20:3, omega 6
- Arachidonic acid (AA), C20:4, omega 6
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), C20:5, omega 3
- Docosapentaenoic acid (DPA), C22:5, omega 3
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), C22:6, omega 3
The Zinzino Dried Blood Spot Test is certified to comply with the European regulation 98/79/EB on in vitro diagnostic (IVD) medical devices. This means the test and all its components are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and so the kit has the CE mark on it.
Your test is analyzed by an independent and GMP-certified laboratory. The fact that Vitas is GMP-certified means that they follow good manufacturing practices. They are a contract laboratory for chemical analysis with 25 years of experience, providing high-quality chromatographic analysis based on cutting edge knowledge and technology. Included with the blood test is a BalanceTest ID that only you can see. Neither the lab, nor Zinzino knows who submitted the test. At zinzinotest.com your results will be displayed when you enter your BalanceTest ID. If you have completed the questionnaire, you will have access to the complete analysis. If you have not completed the questionnaire, you will see your balance score only.
HOW TO USE
1. Zinzino Test is an approved in vitro diagnostics product for personal blood sample collection at home. - First wash your hands with soap and rinse well with warm water and dry them.
2. Take out the sample card from the paper envelope. Save the envelope for later use. Tear off the SAVE part on the sample card and take a picture of the test ID. You can only see your test result with your anonymous test ID. Place the card with the two circles facing up on the table.
3. Stimulate blood flow by making big circles with your arm or shaking the hand downwards for 20 seconds.
4. Take out the single-use lancet. Remove the transparent safety cap and the lancet is ready to use. Use the alcohol wipe to clean the tip of your finger (middle finger is recommended). Place the lancet against the lower part of the fingertip facing the collection paper on the table. Push the top of the lancet towards the finger until you hear a click. The lancet will automatically make a small prick in the finger.
5. Do not touch the filter paper with your fingers.
6. Fill one circle at a time with blood. Squeeze your finger gently and wait for a drop of blood to fall inside the circle by itself. If one drop of blood does not cover the circle, allow one more drop from your finger to drip immediately. Leave the sample card in a horizontal position at room temperature for at least 10 minutes for the samples to dry well.
7. Insert the sample card back into the paper envelope. Then place the paper envelope into the metal bag and close it. IMPORTANT: Do not remove desiccant packet inside the metal bag.
8. Place the closed metal bag into the big envelope. Courier your completed BalanceTest back to Zinzino SA using the Postnet to Postnet courier service option at your closest Postnet branch. Please note this is an additional cost to you.
The Postnet branch you need to send your test to is DOWERGLEN.
Use 076 158 7762 as the contact number on the shipment.
Once received Zinzino SA will send your test to the laboratory in Norway.
9. Register your test code on www.zinzinotest.com. This is the web page where you can see your test result later. It takes 10-20 days until your result is ready.
IMPORTANT: Keep the SAVE part of the card. You can only see your test result with your anonymous test ID.
View a SAMPLE REPORT