Please note: feedback (and your report) from this test can only be obtained via a consultation with a registered DNAlysis practitioner. Please contact VitaGene for assistance in finding a practitioner from our database of registered practitioners. There will be an additional fee for the consultation.
Looking to improve your patients sports performance, reduce their risk of injury and get the most out of their training? There is no such thing as “one size fits all” when it comes to exercise and sports performance. Train according to your unique genetic potential.
About this test
DNA Sport® is a genetic test designed to guide the personalisation of exercise and training recommendations. The report provides highly personalised and effective training advice, allowing your patient to adapt to, compensate for, and maximise their genetic strengths.
DNA Sport® is a genetic test for those looking to get maximum benefit from time spent training, and better understand their risk for soft tissue injuries and optimal recovery times. So whether the patient is a newcomer to exercise, a weekend warrior, or an elite athlete looking for that extra edge, DNA Sport® can help them adopt a more personalised approach to achieving their performance goals.
Research within the field of sports genetics has been prolific, with an increasing number of studies yielding fascinating results:
- 90% of elite rowers were found to be carriers of the same genetic variant
- 80% of Russian endurance athletes has a specific variant in common
- 66% of elite endurance athletes were found to be carriers of 8 or more “endurance-related” genes
Knowledge of how you are likely to respond to specific exercise training, can help you choose the bets training for you to reach optimal performance.
- Order the test and we will contact you regarding selecting your consulting practitioner (feedback can only be given to you through a consulting practitioner).
- Collect your DNA sample using the DNAlysis test kit that is sent to you.
- Sample is sent to the DNAlysis laboratory and report sent to your healthcare practitioner within 3 to 4 weeks.
- Explore your DNA. Your healthcare practitioner will notify you once they receive the report to set up a consultation. Your data is securely stored for future reports, if desired.
View the DNAlysis process
Please note feedback (and your report) from this test can only be obtained via a consultation with a registered DNAlysis practitioner.
View a SAMPLE REPORT