Supports prostate health. May help decrease bladder symptoms such as urgency, frequency, reduced urinary flow and night-time urgency.
• Support for healthy prostate function.
• Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH) support.
• Assists in decreasing the urinary frequency associated with Prostate enlargement.
• Improves libido.
• May reduce male pattern balding.
• May reduce acne and skin breakouts associated with hormonal imbalances in testosterone.
MODE OF ACTION
When putting together a prostate formula that really works, we have to look at the triggers of prostate disorders and work backwards from there...
With age the following may occur in men:
• Levels of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) increase, therefore making less unbound
or free testosterone available (free testosterone levels decrease). SHBG also binds to
prostate cells causing enlargement.
The roots of Stinging Nettle contain extracts known as lignans which bind to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) thereby diminishing SHBG’s negative effects.
• Levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) increase and binding of DHT to prostate tissue
increases. DHT stimulates prostate cells to enlarge which is a leading contributor of
benign prostatic hyper-trophy. The enzyme, 5- alpha reductase, converts testosterone into DHT.
Saw Palmetto, Pygeum, Beta-Sitosterol and Zinc are all 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. Saw palmetto and Stinging Nettle also inhibit the binding of DHT to prostate cellular receptors, thus preventing the growth effects of the hormone.
• Levels of estradiol increase.
Nettle Root is an aromatase enzyme inhibitor. The aromatase enzyme catalyzes the conversion of testosterone to estradiol, which is a key underlying factor in the progression of enlarged prostate.
• Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) activity increases (this has been implicated in
Saw Palmetto and Nettle Root reduce the activity of EGF in the prostate.
• Free radical activity and inflammation increases.
Beta Sitosterol inhibits prostaglandin synthesis in the prostate and thus has anti-inflammatory activity, with some preliminary evidence showing that it may have anticancer and immune stimulatory effects.
Lycopene provides antioxidant protection for the prostate against prostate cancer.
Reishi Mushrooms provide antioxidant protection, and stimulate the general function of the immune system due to their Beta-D-Glucan, Ganoderic acid and Polysaccharide content.
The beneficial effects of Saw Palmetto extend further than just the treatment of enlarged prostate – It also relaxes the smooth muscle at the bladder outlet, thereby preventing the urinary urgency and frequent urination that occurs in enlarged prostate patients.
Take 1 capsule 2 to 3 times a day or as prescribed by your doctor.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
|Ingredients Per Serving|
|Saw Palmetto Berry Extract (25%)||170 mg|
|Stinging Nettle||110 mg|
|Beta Sitosterol||80 mg|
|Pygeum Africana Bark Extract||60 mg|
|Reishi Mushroom Extract||30 mg|
|Lycopene (10%)||5 mg|
|Zinc (Monomethionine)||4 mg|
|Selenium (Amino Acid Chelate)||20 mcg|