Please note this report will be sent to your primary healthcare provider (general practitioner, specialist etc.) when it is shared with you. Please email VitaGene on firstname.lastname@example.org to provide us with your primary healthcare provider's details. Do not make any changes to your medications without consulting your doctor.
About this test
Medcheck™ gives you insights into your responsiveness to different medications and the likelihood of side effects and treatment failure. Medcheck™ gives insight into how a patient metabolizes, transports and binds specific drugs, which in turn allows physicians to prescribe those medications that are most likely to prove effective whilst minimising side effects.
The Medcheck™ test is suitable for anyone on medication or planning to start a new medication. The Medcheck™ test is also suitable for anyone experiencing side-effects to their medication or not responding to their medication, or where their prescribing doctor is constantly having to adjust the dose of the medication outside of the recommended range.
The benefits of the Medcheck™ pharmacogenetics test include:
- Improving drug efficacy
- Decreasing length of treatment time
- Minimising adverse side effects
- Reducing money spent on ineffective medications or time in hospital
- Order the test and we will contact you regarding selecting your consulting practitioner (feedback can only be given to you through a consulting practitioner).
- Collect your DNA sample using the DNAlysis test kit that is sent to you.
- Sample is sent to the DNAlysis laboratory and report sent to your healthcare practitioner within 3 to 4 weeks.
- Explore your DNA. Your healthcare practitioner will notify you once they receive the report to set up a consultation. Your data is securely stored for future reports, if desired.
View the DNAlysis process
View a list of medication tested in this REPORT
View a SAMPLE REPORT