FerOvance from AnaStellar is an oral iron supplement that contains red blood cell boosting vitamins and minerals such as chelated iron (ferrous bisglycinate), active vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate), active vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin), active folate (5-methyltetrahydrofolate known as vitamin B9) and vitamin C. FerOvance is formulated to assist in iron deficiency anaemia and nutritional deficiency anaemia. FerOvance uses the active forms of the vitamins and minerals as these forms, unlike synthetic forms, do not need to be broken down by the body and can be used by the body immediately. FerOvance could be of benefit for the following person:
- Anaemia – FerOvance can be useful for iron deficiency anaemia or even a B complex deficiency (nutritional deficiency anaemia).
- Menstruation – young girls who start menstruating sometimes have very heavy menstrual periods and it may be beneficial for them to start taking an iron supplement such as FerOvance to prevent the development of fatigue.
- Blood donors – blood donors who regularly donate blood may benefit from taking an iron and B complex supplement such as FerOvance to boost the production of their healthy red blood cells.
- Malabsorption syndromes (lactose intolerance, Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease, gastric bypass or resection) – some diseases, medical conditions or even genetics may prevent your body from absorbing certain vitamins and minerals effectively. FerOvance therefore makes use of metabolically active B complex vitamins and a chelated form of iron to enhance the absorption of these vitamins and minerals in cases of a compromised gastrointestinal tract.
- Pregnancy – some pregnant women notwithstanding taking a pregnancy supplement, still develop anaemia due to the increased “iron demand” by their bodies. In these cases of pregnancy-related iron deficiency anaemia, it may be beneficial to supplement with an additional iron supplement such as FerOvance.
- Vegans and vegetarians – some vegan and vegetarian diets may not contain enough iron to ensure the development of healthy red blood cells.
Take one capsule daily with a meal, or as prescribed by your healthcare professional.
Do not take your oral iron supplement with tea, coffee, or a high fibre meal as this may impair iron absorption. It is recommended that you take your oral iron supplement with a glass of orange juice as vitamin C assists with iron absorption.
|Serving size: 1 capsule||Amount per serving|
|Iron derived from ferrous bisglycinate 120mg||24mg|
|Folate derived from (6S) - 5-methyltetrahydrofolate||400mcg|
|Vitamin B6 derived from pyridoxal-5-phosphate monohydrate 27mg||25mg|
|Vitamin B12 derived from methylcobalamin||25mcg|
|Vitamin C derived from ascorbic acid||250mg|
DOES NOT CONTAIN
Sugar, lactose, gluten, tartrazine, beef and pork
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Store in a cool dry place (<25°C), away from sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.
Keep the blister strips in the outer carton.
Do not take your oral iron supplement on an empty stomach as this may cause nausea.
Take your iron supplement at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking any chronic medication that you may be on.
If pregnant, nursing or taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
Do not use this product if you have an allergy or sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Please review package insert (if available) for further information.